Looking for meaningful work in the field of nature connection?
Carefully read this page before applying below…
What We Value in Our Staff
We call ourselves “Pineys.” Being a Piney isn’t just about “playing with kids in the woods.” (but that is a wicked nice perk). Our staff are entrusted with the awesome responsibility of creating personalized, high-quality, adventures in nature-connection for kids, teens and adults. We take that responsibility seriously….and we have fun doing so.
Our staff culture is both challenging & supportive. Here’s a list of some of the qualities we’re looking for when recruiting Pineys:
- Service-Minded: You’ve Gotta Like Humans. We value people who are truly helpful to others (in thought & action), who put empathy & respect before judgement & blame, who can safely manage risk in varied conditions, and who can deliver good customer service to the wide range of people who come our way.
- Mentors with Heart: You’ve Gotta Show Up Fully. This work is about relationships – creating connections between both nature & people – and connections between people. We value those with a clear mind & a big heart. You can’t check your heart or mind at the door every day.
- Embodied Wildness: You’ve Gotta Be Wildness at times. The mouse who is blind-with-rage or self-pitying is soon dinner for the invisible stoat. We value life-affirming people here – a blend of buzzing vitality, contagious curiousity & disarming inner peace.
- Creative, Risk-Taking Collaborators: You’ve Gotta Be Willing To Take Chances. We’ve all got different mojo (thank goodness). We value a team with a diversity of gifts & talents to inspire, excite, and open the minds of those we work with. Piney Goals + Unique You = Superpowers.
- Integrity & Maturity Required: You’ve Gotta Be Responsible for Yourself (you’re momma don’t work here). We value folks who show up on time, look presentable, & have good hygiene; who work hard and communicate responsibly; who follow-through & value doing the right thing over being right. We take our work seriously while enjoying the wild ride.
- Work-in-Progress: You’ve Gotta Be Willing to Stretch Yourself. No one is perfect, and we value folks who challenge their “edges,” comfort zones, and personal blocks; who forgive themselves & treat others respectfully; who approach situations with honesty & humility. This all takes courage, vulnerability and a commitment to professional growth via honest feedback.
Pineys are wicked curious, dynamic humans. Pineys possess a thirst for knowledge & personal growth. We value humor, playfulness & deep connection in our lives. We have been known to geek out with field guides, create epic adventures & humbly serve our community with little whining.
Does This Sound Like You?
2018 Summer Camp Positions Open!
Priority given to applicants who can make full commitment: June 25th training week + 4-5 summer camp weeks
Lead Instructors guide children ages 5-14 in age appropriate groups and experiences. Gotta love kids and being outdoors in all conditions, be the first one to say Yes! to getting dirty, being playful, switching gears and have a team oriented attitude. Click here for full job description
Nature Connection & Mentoring Internship – Year after year, people as “What’s the best way to become a part of your staff team?” This paid internship it is. We’re now accepting applications for our 2018-9 NC&M Internship. Internships generally begin in late June and run thru early August of the following year (exceptions are possible). Note: we only accept a few interns per year – this is a competitive internship. Click on the green button below to apply. Click here for an internship description.