Looking for meaningful work in the field of nature connection?
To best understand our work culture, read this page before applying below…
What We Value in Our Staff
We call ourselves “Pineys.” Our team is made up of directors, admin & field staff who are entrusted with the awesome responsibility of creating personalized, high-quality, adventures in nature-connection for kids, teens and adults. We take that responsibility seriously….and we have fun doing so.
Our staff culture is both challenging & supportive. Here’s a list of some of the qualities we’re looking for when recruiting Pineys:
- Service-Minded: You’ve Gotta Like Humans. We value people who are truly helpful to others (in thought & action), who put empathy & respect before judgement & blame, who can safely manage risk in varied conditions, and who can deliver good customer service to the wide range of people who come our way.
- Mentors with Heart: You’ve Gotta Show Up Fully. This work is about relationships – creating connections between both nature & people – and connections between people. We value those with a clear mind & a big heart. You can’t check your heart or mind at the door every day.
- Embodied Wildness: You’ve Gotta Be Wildness at times. The mouse who is blind-with-rage or self-pitying is soon dinner for the invisible stoat. We value life-affirming people here – a blend of buzzing vitality, contagious curiousity & disarming inner peace.
- Creative, Risk-Taking Collaborators: You’ve Gotta Be Willing To Take Chances. We’ve all got different mojo (thank goodness). We value a team with a diversity of gifts & talents to inspire, excite, and open the minds of those we work with. Piney Goals + Unique You = Superpowers.
- Integrity & Maturity Required: You’ve Gotta Be Responsible for Yourself (you’re momma don’t work here). We value folks who show up on time, look presentable, & have good hygiene; who work hard and communicate responsibly; who follow-through & value doing the right thing over being right. We take our work seriously while enjoying the wild ride.
- Work-in-Progress: You’ve Gotta Be Willing to Stretch Yourself. No one is perfect, and we value folks who challenge their “edges,” comfort zones, and personal blocks; who forgive themselves & treat others respectfully; who approach situations with honesty & humility. This all takes courage, vulnerability and a commitment to professional growth via honest feedback.
Pineys are wicked curious, dynamic humans. Pineys possess a thirst for knowledge & personal growth. We value humor, playfulness & deep connection in our lives. We have been known to geek out with field guides, create epic adventures & humbly serve our community with little whining.
Does This Sound Like You?
Executive Director – we’re excited to announce the search for a dynamic and experienced Executive Director to lead our organization into a new stage of growth and opportunity delivering exceptional nature connection programming for all ages. Click here for the full job description.
Advancement Director – seeking a skilled, passionate team member with DEVELOPMENT and MARKETING expertise to help us achieve some exciting goals! Be the first full time staffer in this new role focused on spreading the word and procuring the resources to bring the many benefits of nature connection to a wide range of youth throughout the region. Click here for the full job description
Summer Camp Lead Instructor – Calling all adventurous spirits with a love for guiding children in nature! We need you to bring your passion, creativity, openness, compassion & caring to the children of camp. You will be found carrying out the vision of camp with your campers- playing, learning, laughing, challenging, caretaking… all the while instilling a deep love and connection to the natural world. Click here for full Lead Instructor Job Description
2019-2020 Internship: Mentoring Youth in Nature – Kick off your excitement for mentoring youth and teens in nature with an intensive summer of serving camps before rolling into school year programs in the fall. Your eagerness to learn, dive in to opportunities and also step back, observe and actively listen will serve you well as you learn many facets of mentoring youth in this caring, playful, devoted team oriented environment. Click here for full Internship Job Description