White Pine is committed to supporting our community during this difficult time and looks to inspire families to get outside and access the healing power of nature. As an alternative to in-person programming for the summer of 2020, we have designed a way for your children to have a White Pine experience that can be done outside, anywhere!
Backyard Explorers, a self-directed Summer Camp, integrates nature-based activities and challenges with optional Zoom meetings and virtual mentoring support. Children will receive age appropriate materials with a daily agenda. Parents will have access to on-demand training. Online access is not required and the program can be done completely screen free!
For a full description of the program, theme descriptions and more, view our flyer here.
- Campers will receive a box prior to their enrolled “week” of camp. Parents can pick up the box during designated times or we can mail it for a small fee.
- Each week will have a different theme along with age appropriate materials & activities.
- The box will include supplies to support the theme (ie: bug jars or magnifying glasses) along with daily agendas. Each day will feature activities and challenges with a suggested schedule and parent resources.
- Google classroom will have online resources & videos about the theme that can be viewed on-demand.
- Occasional Zoom calls will allow for connecting with other campers and to share their experiences with the activities of the week.
- Individual and group mentoring by a White Pine staff member will be available throughout the week. Parent training will be on-demand to help navigate the schedule, facilitate questioning your child’s learning and provide structured “unstructured” play time outdoors