Naturalist Nights are a great way to connect with other members of our community who share the love of the outdoors. Designed for teens and adults, these monthly events feature a specific topic. A White Pine Lead Educator will provide an overview of the topic, then provide an opportunity for group collaboration, study, research, hands-on exploration and more.
- Gain new naturalist knowledge
- Grow confidence in tracking wildlife
- Increase comfort using naturalist guide books and resources
- Learn new ways to observe and question unknown specimens
- Connect with other like-minded, environmentally-focused individuals
- October 13th – Mushrooms: Highland Farms
- November 10th – Fire by Friction: WPP Offices, 170 Cider Hill Rd
- December 8th – Owl Pellet Dissection: WPP Offices, 170 Cider Hill Rd
- January 12th – Astronomy: Zach’s Farm
- February 9th – Skull ID: WPP Offices, 170 Cider Hill Rd
- March 9th – Maple Sugaring: Zach’s Farm
- April 13th – Woodcock Night: Highland Farms
- May 11th – Wild Edibles: Highland Farms
- June 8th – Vernal Pools: Highland Farms
We will meet outside on the second Wednesday of each month and topics will vary with seasonality. For capacity reasons, we do require per-registration, we have Twelve spaces available. The cost of this program is $25 per session, but we do have a sliding scale for those who need. When registering, you will see discounts available.
All programs will follow White Pine’s COVID-19 protocols, which can be found at https://whitepineprograms.org/covid-19/.