Naturalist Nights are a great way to connect with other members of our community who share the love of the outdoors. Designed for teens and adults, these monthly events feature a specific topic. A White Pine Lead Educator will provide an overview of the topic, then provide an opportunity for group collaboration, study, research, hands-on exploration and more.
- Gain new naturalist knowledge
- Grow confidence in tracking wildlife
- Increase comfort using naturalist guide books and resources
- Learn new ways to observe and question unknown specimens
- Connect with other like-minded, environmentally-focused individuals
- January 12th: Astronomy at Zacharias Farm – (1/19 rain date), located at 7 Colby Turner Lane in York, Maine
- February 9th: Trailing at Highland Farm Preserve, located at 321 Cider Hill Rd York, Maine
- March 9th: Snow Tracking at Highland Farm Preserve, located at 321 Cider Hill Rd York, Maine
We will meet outside on the second Tuesday of each month and topics will vary with seasonality. For capacity reasons, we do require per-registration, we have Twelve spaces available. The cost of this program is $25 per session, but we have discounts available. As a small non-profit navigating the uncertainty of a COVID-19 world, our financial stability is critical to get through the global pandemic. However, we know that not everyone is experiencing the hardships of COVID equally and will not turn anyone away. When registering, you will see discounts available.
All programs this winter will follow White Pine’s COVID-19 protocols, which can be found at https://whitepineprograms.org/covid-19/.