Are you curious about the natural world? Have you been meaning to learn some practical bushcraft skills? White Pine Workshops are a new opportunity for adults to dive deep with our team of naturalists and bushcraft specialists into one or more topics of interest. For a full day at a variety of specially chosen outdoor settings, we’ll immerse ourselves in topics including: traditional methods of fire-making, wildlife track and sign identification, winter ecology and birding by ear and sight. Detailed descriptions and locations for each workshop available.
- Get to know unique and varied ecosystems and the wildlife they support
- Develop skills and confidence using resources to help with identification of birds or track and sign
- Practice techniques of observation and questioning to increase your naturalist skills
- Connect with others who share interests in being more aware in nature
- Build your bushcraft skills to further connect with the earth
Workshops meet from 9am-3pm. Dates, locations and topics will vary – see below for more information. Pre-registration is required. With consideration of COVID-19, we are limiting enrollment each month to 12 participants. Program costs are based on a sliding fee scale.